[HOTFIX] Client Resolution Issue - Small Screens & First Time Installers

Discussion in 'Game Help and Tips' started by Starberry, Oct 19, 2018.

1. ZEOhatake123

ZEOhatake123 New Member

I don't have discord and no I don't run the game using steam

2. ZEOhatake123

ZEOhatake123 New Member

I just uninstalled steam and it still doesn't click anything

3. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

What?

4. ZEOhatake123

ZEOhatake123 New Member

Not on my laptop tho XD

5. Starberry

I have forum private messaged you for next steps.

6. ZEOhatake123

ZEOhatake123 New Member

What if resize the window will it work?

7. Starberry

If you force the application to resize itself with a 3rd party application, there might be display issues in-game.

However, if that is your only option because your monitor size is 800x600 only, you can give it a try.

I have asked that they implement a 800x600 display resolution, but I was told that it will not be considered unless more players support the suggestion.

8. oMihawk

oMihawk New Member

what if im using a library computer? its pretty big but i can't login because of a black screen..

9. Starberry

If you do not have permissions to access sensitive areas of your PC such as the registry, I would not recommend tampering with them. Your local library or school may have policies that do not allow you to do this type of stuff, so double check if you need to.

If you do have permission to do this (at your own risk), feel free to follow the steps and it should work fine.

10. toons

toons Well-Known Member

Nimonix should make the default setting "windowed" for 1st time downloaders, so this would prevent the fullscreen issue that prevents logging in.

Also Nimonix should provide the c++ redistributable for 1st time downloaders, so the NSIS integrity check doesn't fail.

All this would make the install easier for new players. Can you suggest these simple fixes to them?

11. Starberry

For the redistributable packages, we don't have control of that since that is something provided by Microsoft. I can bring it up so that the RedFox Downloader can check for these packages first, before proceeding with game installation.

The other inquiry - we will bring it up to Nimonix.

Do note that both of these tasks may take some time to perform. For the time being, this is the temporary fix for this issue (although tedious).

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    toons likes this.
  12. toons

toons Well-Known Member

According to this webpage, the redistributable can be bundled together with the game.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions...015-c-redistributable-dlls-with-my-applicatio
    "To deploy redistributable Visual C++ files, you can use the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages (VCRedist_x86.exe, VCRedist_x64.exe, or VCRedist_arm.exe) that are included in Visual Studio."

If they can't add the packages, then an alert for a missing redistributable and a link to the download would be very helpful.

13. Starberry

Thank you. We'll look into this.

14. Phawnix

Phawnix Clean Up Crew

No thank you. Doing god's work out here. ;)

HumoLoco likes this.
  15. Logic

Logic Clean Up Crew

Game goes black screen unless I launch in window mode which I had to edit registery files to make happen.But once I close the game in full screen mode after im done playing, the problem starts again. You should have rumble fighter launch in window mode by default and only go back to full screen after you skip the daily prize menu (unless window mode is checked in options). That way people who have newer graphics cards can start the game this is the quickest and most easy solution. This is a vital patch and please try to get it through its only ten minutes of coding.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  16. runken

runken New Member

I tried this solution and my game is still not launching. Anyone able to help out?

17. Beast2050

Beast2050 Active Member

So i recently bought a new gamming computer and i downloaded rf. It worked perfectly downloaded and updating the game. But after i log in i see the sheep on the side then it force close me out the game i dont even get pass the loaded sheep. I haven't been able to get on sense i got the labtop. MSI GF 63 THIN I5 1650 MAX Q

18. Starberry

Hey there,

Can I see a screenshot of what it looks like in regedit?

Give this a try if you haven't already done so.

19. Beast2050

Beast2050 Active Member

I can send you a video

20. Starberry

Just link it here (YouTube link).