3 years rewind new maps

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eroine, Jun 15, 2020.

1. MinnesotaSlays

MinnesotaSlays Active Member

Quite a few are F2P and that is no joke. Now I can not speak on if they are sharing accounts but there are a lot who just know the game and know people in the game. It's like any other game or any other moment in life. If you know someone at the top or if you become good friends with someone at the top more then likely you will rise. I spent mass amounts of money and got scammed taken advantage of and just thought I could run my bills up to the top..but that was not the case. I have spent less money now with the help of top players(Guidance and farming) and seen more progress than when I was spending around $300 to $800 a month. You can play this game F2P...There are people doing it. Now it does require a lot of work, but that comes with anything that is "free". This whole forum honestly is a joke and takes away from the real issue. The real issue is people want more content, but the foundation is not stable. People want to build a house on sinking mud and quicksand.

What RedFox needs to fix:
    -Fix the connectivity issues,
    -maybe decrease the amount of material it takes to farm certain items so it doesn't feel like this huge uphill grind when we are missing so much content,
    -Provide more transparent community updates,
    -Provide better items in the crimson box, blue dragon box, illusive branches, and even Ancient valley and event boxes. We can all agree that 98% of the items in there are trash and useless to the community. People will spend more if they feel like they are getting more things of value. You have to compensate for not providing things that should be put into the game by now but I understand your predicament. @NineArtsTest @Ahri

What the community needs to fix:
    -I agree this dog eat dog mentality is BS. So if you buy into it that's your choice but when people continue to work together as they have been and you get left behind don't cry.
    -Set realistic expectations
    -Create an open market forum: There are too many people selling overpriced items and too many new players buying at this price. If there was an open market forum this would make it harder for the black market to sell and scammers to scam.
    -Find a way to better communicate what people should be looking for in events. You do not know how many people on a day to day base ask what is important and what should they be farming per seasonal event.

Optional*
    What you can do in the mean time is farm OP decos, Farm Repel Weapons, Farm LLGC I think only 2 people have them on yin, farm guardian mats for storyteller relic or even Ifin dung. This is for people who are so bored they complain there is nothing to do. Even lazy people like me find things to do. My favorite thing to do rn is roughly 1 stack of CCD a day. Then when you are done see how well it goes and how much money you got :). If you can't farm lil homie make bank! Also don't forget new player stimulus packages. If you become too rich throw in about 30kk for the new folks and watch how their eyes light up :).

BirdbrainX and Perfection like this.
  2. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

Here lays the problem. In financial terms 9Dragons is not a profitable game for RedFox. There are plenty of people that have many faces and lie on spending. Only if I look on those avatars in forum and what numbers they brag about it here to give to RedFox (there are exceptions) and search the black market they are there selling/buying items there at supra prices. If you don't have sales you don't give new patches and new content so easy. We got the sweet version of things in here, but the reality hit hard when comes to sales and company profitability. The profitable game for RedFox is BD so there goes the money and everything else.

But this not our problem, RF should think harder how to make this game more profitable and the in game market place more accessible to base of players.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    Athuyar likes this.
  3. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

Ok, for our long relatives, here goes a taste of K server made by a korean guy.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC23WVuClV-YMMDSCqYjnlQA/videos

Start with this video and use subtitles/automate in english:

Like this guy @HuoZhaiShe if you play legit in k server no fear, you will not lose your account there.

Ofc, Hainan, Qingdao and video guides+ damage are for our premium friends. It is about attitude in the end.

Athuyar likes this.
  4. [GM]Ahri

[GM]Ahri RedFox Games Staff Member

@MinnesotaSlays
    What RedFox needs to fix:
    -Fix the connectivity issues
    We are working on it.

-maybe decrease the amount of material it takes to farm certain items so it doesn't feel like this huge uphill grind when we are missing so much content
    Content is a mirrored of 9Dragons KR.

-Provide more transparent community updates.
    Currently, we have been as transparent as we can be, Providing more than what we already know isn't possible. Prematurely disclosing release dates or content updates, may change at the last minute, on the developer's end and will cause confusion and/may upset the player base. We will, however, be as transparent as possible once we are 100% sure of it.

-Provide better items in the crimson box, blue dragon box, illusive branches, and even Ancient valley and event boxes. We can all agree that 98% of the items in there are trash and useless to the community. People will spend more if they feel like they are getting more things of value. You have to compensate for not providing things that should be put into the game by now, but I understand your predicament.
    This is related to the RNG boxes/ cash items. Rest assured, there is a re-vamp in discussion with the developers to tailor for the regions.

5. Yacha

Yacha Well-Known Member

Everyone Clap your hands together for Eroine the self-entittled, gimmie gimmie attitude, key board warrior!
    Thank you for the business 101 class, so hypothetically ,considering how small and under staffed/funded and old 9dragons is, besides complaining and wanting change, but offer no good alternatives, how about some ideas? keep in mind the publisher is the middle man and can only "recommend" up to the developers, I think they said they only mirror Korean servers and change a small mundane things. This isn't World of warcraft, where they are both publisher and developer, and change things on the fly. Don't use the "kill the messenger (middleman) tactic, That's just a lost cause. Come up with constructive ideas and plan of action to let Red Fox know to push up to their highers. Simple quote for you "it is what it is, deal with it or quit."
    it's always the left wing that wants change but doesn't want to help or have a plan to change it.

6. Athuyar

Athuyar Active Member

Slow down boy, where are your ideas and proposals for RedFox and 9 dragons ? Why ask @Eroine to do it, in the conditions she already did enough. RedFox needs to pay her for asking a bp and others proposals to show to their seniors. She is way too busy to move her company business from ASEAN region to help other company now, but you on other hand are free. Why not start to help too and give here your suggestion to RedFox?

about business lessons we all saw her post on SR discord with RedFox financial model and sales vs WoW sales and I know she can make a bp in no time, that is her merit, what is yours, watch only from offline position ? Professional world is for linkedin users, not facebook as many have in here with fake pictures. If you put Donald Duck in linkedin you became a joke. So don't step into a world you have no idea about.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  7. Yacha

Yacha Well-Known Member

First thing, I'm not a boy, and lowering yourself to try to insult me, isn't working, it only shows me, your as much as a lowlife as me, to stoop to my level of name calling. I don't need to give ideas, because I wasn't complaining about Red Fox or the game. I play the game, both Korean and our version, which btw isn't much of a difference, It seems you know Eroine in person, Having a company and being busy means nothing to me, her words back at you "not my problem". Flossing someone else's assets doesn't help your cause either, makes you sound desperate for some attention from Eroine.

My last post still stands. the point I'm making, is have an idea and a plan vs wanting something and not helping to get to that goal, and pointing the blame to the publisher.

I like the game in it's current state and have no qualms. so try true my beliefs, no need to have idea to make it better, because I like it in it current state. I've played under Acclaim, and that was horrible, this version is light years better.

I don't need to give anyone my credentials, no point. when I'm simply stating instead of blaming, and throw wants out there, help and make it better by adding ideas and hopefully a plan. instead "I want this and I don't care how you do it. attitude." and now that you point it out, CEO and owners of companies are so full of themselves. It explains the entitled attitude. Having money and success doesn't make you a better person than us low commoners.

8. Athuyar

Athuyar Active Member

In our days all plays in their dreams korean version. All are koreans here that knows korean language to play well the k version. But I forgot something, they play both version of game to what end ? It is a big funny joke when someone ask to provide videos, they can't because they are afraid to be banned there, that show another point : a lot of pretense to be something you are not.

you are not a person of progress, but someone that wants to preserve the things their are because of some interests. But this world belongs to visionary people, you always be a yes man and an executant.

More, all now play on Acclaim, but there is no record of any of you there, meaning you don't have pictures with your old characters, videos and friends on facebook. Let me doubt about that.

9d is an old game, we all know it, but to be competitive needs to improve and change or will die and all these conversations will be in vain.

again and again when you have a strategy to communicate post, if not unfortunately Ardy go back to grind 6h per day here and 6 h in k servers to call it a day.

9. MinnesotaSlays

MinnesotaSlays Active Member

Honestly, I understand and I appreciate it. It's a give and take. We as the community can make it better and all we can do is have faith in you. If this is the way it is. I trust that you all will improve moving forward and at least you are reading these comments both good and bad and responding. Thank you @Ahri for you responding :).

10. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

I'm sure both JW Games and RedFox are reading the forum posts, otherwise I wouldn't have opened the topics.

I see that certain people are asking me a plan for the business for RF superiors. My mentality on business is for US corporate model, a model that is not meant for RedFox. They have a different type of business model as many already recognize it. On business levels as global business we operate with regions like EMEA, ASEAN, Oceania and others. It is not the same mentality in regions because of company cultures and each sector of business is different.

In each business the no.1 point is the SALES The sales generates the profit and pays for everything ( each company it is founded to make a profit) and everyone in the company must rotate to accommodate the sale team. The sales are simple : margins in turnover or volume in turnover, plus R&D for new products vs gain.

9Dragons base the sales on marketplace, but at a browsing of marketplace over 60% of items are useless. Also another problem is the gamble boxes that started to be legiferate in many countries, meaning you will have to show to the players rates of each item from the box. In 2017 the biggest iPhone player in the world forced the publishers to show the rates, last year the largest gaming companies shake hands and will put transparency in this process. This will not be a long run horse in here for sure. RedFox should cleaned each item in market place and start putting questions based on their report on selling if it profitable or not (like those dung passes). Each item also must come with a strategy to sell, but they should not censor with $ parts of this game and promote it like ~free to play~.

Next they should look on clients database. Who spends money in 9Dragons ? High school players have parents and parents money and they are limit spenders, students needs money for studies, campus, some work, some don't, don't have so much money to spend on, so the only stable source are adults with jobs that generates income and have money to spend on games and most important they make decisions for their money and how to be spend. They are the biggest spenders.

If we look on 9d statistic on the internet, this game don't attract so many new players, but RedFox also don't generate buzz on social media or don't use social media at all to generate sales. They make rare promotions, they don't make great discounts and don't have a membership program. Also we sell in function of clients generation behavior and level of players and it would be a good addition have some game packing like : beginner, standard, advance or group items for pve, pvp. They should look more on numbers and make analyses.

[​IMG]

The gaming market now is very competitive and it is shared by mobile, console and PC. Back then in 2006 when I started only few MMOs were on the market. Now 9Dragons compete with so many and unfortunately the money they got from players from 2006 were not invested in R&D and new graphic, new things, new expansionist packs with larger worlds, clans, kung fu tournaments, stories, quests, dungeons, creatures, pets, some flying improvements and so on.

[​IMG]

So, to be short, JG, face now two options : put a lot of money into devs, or keep it at minimum and milk the cow till will last. RedFox has same choices with giving money to JG and adding Hainan, Qingdao and MD system, plus Black Monks or milk more as it is now. As a publisher you have a world to say to devs because you gave money to them for patches and you can push them and force them to make it available to you as full patch. Probably they have it in the contract clauses and if they delay there should be penalties to be paid.

Athuyar, Shensi and Swim like this.
  11. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

I use xbox gamebar for win10 from windows store or may already be on your laptop/pc. no watermark, easy to use. can record mic, system sounds (youtube music or whatever)

MinnesotaSlays likes this.