[EVENT] Scroll Masters 2 vs 2 Tournament

Discussion in 'Events' started by [GM]Shadow, Jan 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [GM]Shadow

[GM]Shadow RedFox Games Staff Member

Thanks to everyone that signed up for the tournament. Its looking spicy! Unfortunately if you did not meet the deadline, you'll have to wait until the next tournament :( Please allow us some time to get everything situated for the next steps~

Thanks everyone!

HumoLoco likes this.
  2. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

Hi everyone!

Our team should have added at least a representative Discord from each team to ask for a preferred time for their match.

Please confirm with Rumble#5077 on your availability by tomorrow so that we can get you your first match times! Matches are set to begin on Wednesday. If you do not designate a preferred match time, you will automatically be assigned a time slot.

Some of the more formidable teams will be assigned TWO matches in to go through to make it more challenging for them. If you are one of these teams, you will be notified when you receive your designated time slot.

Best of luck everyone!

HumoLoco likes this.
  3. tamirtov

tamirtov Clean Up Crew

I guess EU players can't participate

HumoLoco likes this.
  4. Sasori

Sasori Active Member

21D3315A-CCF6-4DB8-9074-405C594E093E.jpeg

5. Starberry

I don't think any EU players signed up. :(

It would definitely be based on the connection. If it's a "unplayable" connection, then unfortunately it won't be an enjoyable experience for both parties.

HumoLoco likes this.
  6. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

dont worry :> if i win then EU own rumble fighter af.

7. tamirtov

tamirtov Clean Up Crew

The distance makes it unplayable and therefore EU players just don't try to join the event.
    I think there are EU who play but play privately since they can only play with other EU.

8. Facade

Facade Active Member

we chose Kenpo accidentally, we wanted to use BLackout. Please change it cause Kenpo is not for us

9. Starberry

You cannot switch out your scroll after you've signed up with it.

10. MyHero

MyHero Active Member

Cmon star tell us what the details are for fisticuff

11. [GM]Shadow

Hello everyone! Match time slots and further instructions will be distributed via Discord tonight. Also, an email will be delivered as well in case you do not see your Discord. I hope everyone is hyped for the tournament.

Note: "best out of X" refers to rounds played, NOT games played. Each game is 3 rounds. Just so everyone is on the same page.

12. [GM]Shadow

Due to certain miscommunications between our moderators, the tournament will be held on "FT9" rules. The first stages of the tournament will be "first to 3 wins", second/quarter final stages will be "first to 5 wins", and semi/finals will be "first to 9 wins". We apologize if there were any confusion from our originally rule postings. Moving forward, we will be running the tournament this way. Thank you everyone for understanding these small mistakes.

tamirtov and HumoLoco like this.
  13. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

ok. I give up. I understand I have nothing to say.

Let's worship the history repeat itself.

14. TheFuzionBranz

TheFuzionBranz Wiki Creator & Manager, Scroll Masters Finalist

Man saw that shoutout after my match

15. Starberry

Hello Fighters,

Quick recap on the first day of the tournament. As to be expected, there were quite a number of bumps along the road.
    We acknowledge that there were mistakes on our part and we'll strive to remedy the following issues as well as we can for the higher stages of the tournament.

Our representative, Rumble#5077 has contacted those who advance to Round 2 of the tournament via Discord. If you did not automatically specify a time with him, your match time will be close to your Round 1 match time.

What happened?
    • Tournament Ambassador (TA) & Tournament Moderators (TM) on not speaking frequently in-game, or did not communicate that efficiently based on user feedback.
      • All moderators will not be typing anything during the match so that the participants will not be distracted. However, as this was our moderators' first time handling a tournament, there were also times where it led to questionable action. Moderators will be doing their best to speak up if required, but the main priority is to analyze and spectate the match to ensure fair play. If a moderator needs to abruptly interrupt the match, they will now say "Pause".
    • Players accidentally hit one another OR were hit by the moderator's scroll used to suicide at the start of the match.
      • Players were given the option to "exchange" a hit to have equal HP bars OR just have the round itself not count. At first glance, we let the first time occurrences slide - but we will now be strictly enforcing the following two options listed above if your HP is not 100% before the moderator is in spectating position (dead). Furthermore, if a user is found to be hitting their opponent after two (2) times, a point will be given to the team who was hit. Please do not walk or move near the moderators so that you do not get hit by the projectiles.
    • Both teams could not see the text from the moderator(s).
      • This is caused by Team Chat in-game. From this point forward, teams will now be asked to type in /team off before the game starts. If you do not perform this step, then we are not responsible for any misconduct should you be unable to see the moderator's text in-game.
    • There was confusion on "Best out of X" in contrast to "First to X" due to wording.
      • As we wanted to mimic the round score rulings similar to our previously hosted Demolition Tournament, our intention was First to "X" (FT9 rules), not Best out of "X" (whoever reaches 2 first). We've gone ahead and corrected this issue and would like to apologize for this confusion.
    • There was a huge delay on the Twitch stream. In most cases, the match was already over by the time the match outcome showed up on stream.
      • Due to disconnection issues that our moderators suffered, we were forced to set a stream delay in order to help combat this. Due to the complexity of this subject, any participants who are found to reveal or seek information pertaining their match will now be disqualified from the tournament immediately. Our team will never reveal your opponents until you step foot in the room, unless your opponent does not show up (upon user request).
    • Moderators were often late to the next scheduled match.
      • Our moderators completely underestimated the length of the matches, so most matches ended up conflicting with the next match. It was not until an opponent team that did not show up that our moderators caught up on time. We will be scheduling matches more evenly spaced out as we progress further into the tournament so that both the participants and moderators will not feel as rushed or stressed.
    Due to the amount of issues that we faced in the first round, our team was not satisfied with the way things had turned out, just like you all are! We are always looking to improve ourselves and the overall enjoyment of the tournament itself, as it's always fun to see players being competitive with one another.

With so many mistakes, our team will consider providing a small compensation to participants that showed up in the first round to express our gratitude. Your complaints and feedback, no matter how harsh - will always be of first and foremost importance to our team.

Thank you everyone for your continued support,
    Starberry

Draygashi, tamirtov, HumoLoco and 2 others like this.
  16. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Nice rules yet better one. Well you know other game once they made a mistake and they dont add rule after they move on.

Still trash tourney.

17. Kuriboh

Kuriboh New Member

hello I know theres a tournament going on but I can't find where are the brackets? videos of matches?

HumoLoco likes this.
  18. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Brackets won't be exposed til final.
    Video is at twitch.tv/starberryrf

Kuriboh likes this.
  19. Pasha

Pasha Well-Known Member

Did anybody expected it to be anything else beside trash ? Me as a EU player didnt even joined cuz 4 of 4 reasons
    1. Time of this crap
    2. Lag vs NA players (cuz ofc no p2s connection)
    3. Prizes are straight trash
    4. Sometimes i join NA rooms when im bored and lvl of skill in these rooms is straight garbage (guess all skilled NA players have left )
    So yeah 90% of NA players look so naked when you take their stats off

HumoLoco likes this.
  20. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

When I played 2v2 tourney after that theres always add new rules everytime I am here. All those rules applied to me not other players.

Yea prize is trash ima not crying but ima still crying to 2-1 not 1-1.

Pasha and tamirtov like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.