High CPU Temp on 9Dragons

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jessexplouffe4, Oct 24, 2018.

1. jessexplouffe4

jessexplouffe4 New Member

Hi there. Has anyone ever encountered high CPU temperatures while playing? I can play Battlefield or AAA games with temperatures at only 40-50 degrees Celsius but just idling at the loading screen of 9D brings me up to 98 degrees???

Anyone have information?

Thanks

2. LuuVan

LuuVan New Member

Same question. CPU so high 9x% after update halloween

3. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

9 dragon is badly optimized too....
    so you will see a spike in cpu/graphics card usage...
    from time to time...

4. rielxph

rielxph Member

I agree to this. 9Dragons is a CPU intensive game as opposed to newer games that take advantage of GPU power. My PC usually is at 80 to 90% CPU usage and 20 to 30% GPU usage when playing 9D.

5. unpaz

unpaz New Member

A few years back there was "problems" with the anti-cheat client for Faceit, or perhaps it was Playzeek/Spelarenan. Where the client was given code to mine bitcoins on users CPU/GPU. People discovered this because every time they idled the temp went up.
    Im not saying this have to be the same, but, with people and/or companies looking to make money and with this game being so old, id say its very probable. Not many other ways Redfox can be getting money from players. especially in southeast asia, noones willing to pay each month to play. Blizzards WoW is a great example.
    Im not conviced its even CPU, it shows that high temp on the motherboard section of Hardwaremonitor, the cpu temps are all fine. Weird. On the motherboard part its 124C :S. Wife has already wrecked her main PC this way, non bootable now. Her second PC is well on its way.....

6. CaptainSaveAhoE

CaptainSaveAhoE Member

It's got to be something else than 9d cuz I play on a old ass PC made back in 06 and my temp is around 64c max.

Just say I'm sure all your machines are newer or better than mine and my PC is fine and I'm logged in 24/7.

7. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

Same issue here. I have a custom water cooled hyper PC, and when playing latest games like Anthem / AC Odyssey I get like 60-70° (note my CPU is overclocked at 5.4GHz). Anyways My temps get well over 70° when playing 9Dragons. A game which is like 20 years old. LEL.
    Also I need to limit the game on 2 cores only, because if I use more cores on it, it gets laggy af.

8. CaptainSaveAhoE

CaptainSaveAhoE Member

Idk what you all have running in the background, but like ive stated, my PC is 13 yrs old, stock cooler and all that. I only upgraded the CPU from Celeron 1.8ghz to Duo Core 3.33 Ghz GT 1030 from onboard Intel HD and from 2 GB ram 800 Mghz to 8 GB 800 Mghz and my pc runs around 64 Degrees Celsius.

I play on Dell Inspirion 530s Slimline.

So if my POS machine plays under your temps, then there has to be something else causing your higher temps.

This not the only machine I have, but the only one I use for games. I have AC Odyssey, ATS as you can see, Bloody Spell, Batman Collection, Ride 2, Dirt 2 and many others and I hardly ever reach 70 or above.

Attached Files:

9. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

Well i think it old low frequency cpus cant get that hot. A CPU Load of 100% on my 5.4GHz CPU for sure will have other temperatures than a 100% Load on your CPU. This game basically only uses CPU and almost no GPU. This means, i can run the game at 200FPS but then again this also means my cpu gets way more hotter than yours.

KProphetK likes this.
  10. KProphetK

KProphetK Well-Known Member

Cpu load was mostly 77%, so yours being a newer CPU, should be less and being water cooled vs air should show a lower temp as well. This game is as old as the PC it's being played in. Now the gpu is maxed out at 100% and I can see why.

And just so you know, it sits idle at 46 degrees Celsius.
    200 fps is your gpu not the CPU.

I've seen my gt1030 run the same games as your machine. But the difference is a newer CPU quad+ core CPU and run them 30+ fps, where this old machine chokes out due to the CPU. The e8600 is or was a great cpu in it's day and time, but now days quad+ cores and at least ddr3 min 1333mghz ram, matched with a 1050 ti minimal for decent gaming. Not saying it's best, but can run faster and better than than what is in my machine. I know this cuz my bro ROG runs a 1050 in his machine and gets double my frames anywhere we go. Lol I hit about 25 fps in hefei and that's on a good day.

9d uses more gpu than cpu and my afterburner shows that.

Just saying, it's got to be something else, if my old pos machine only rises 20 degrees while playing this game.

30fps for the majority is crap fps, but they are playable. And if your running or can run this game at 200fps then check your background services. Something isn't right for sure but I just can't put it on this game.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  11. KProphetK

By any chance are you running a nVidia card or chipset witht he lastest drivers/hotfix?

I forgot to mention, I had issues with the latest drivers and found the clean verion here and it fixed my issues.

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/436-48-436-51-clean-version.421390/

12. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

I don't think it has smth to do with recent drivers. I have this problem since years. Also for me CPU is the deciding factor regarding FPS not GPU. If I go to Task Manager > Details > Ninedragons.exe > Define CPU affiliation and choose 2 of the last few CPU cores (Has to be only 2 and not the first 2). I get an crazy FPS increase. From 30FPS up to constant 200 FPS. So it all depends on the CPU settings. My 2x 1080 TI which i have in SLI mode don't even get used <10%.

13. FuriaAlba

FuriaAlba Well-Known Member

You might have your nvidia settings to auto use any video adapter it considers necessary in which case for 9dragons it will always chose the integrated graphic card from your processor and not your dedicated graphic card, for other games it will use dedicated cards without a problem.

9dragons is just badly optimized for new generation technology, reason why the game works much better on windows 7 compared to 10. My older PC with a i3 2 core and 750 TI has no problems with resource usage while my laptop with a i7 7700HQ and 1050 TI uses more of their resources in comparison.

14. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

You have any tips how I can force 9Dragons to use my gpu? I followed the tutorial on this video
    But still nothing changed for me. 9Dragons still uses almost only cpu.

15. FuriaAlba

FuriaAlba Well-Known Member

I don't know how to force a certain program to use specific cards because I never had such a situation but setting your PC to use just dedicated graphic card all the time is pretty simple with nvidia. Just right click desktop>nvidia control panel>manage 3d settings and you should have a drop box with the options on which to chose (auto, integrated, dedicated)

You can also tell if 9dragons is mostly using integrated card if when running the game the respective card is using 40% or more, personally mine gets around 80% in hefei when I tested it, if it's 0-5% then it means your PC is using your dedicated cards for 9Dragons.

With this said I am not certain if PC's have this option available compared to laptops since this is more of a power saving method (for laptop battery of course) and PC's would not have such a issue in their mindset so the PC variant graphic cards might not have such a option built in them and will use dedicated card all the time (from the driver point of view).

Also for better performance you can go to Power management and select the high performance setting which enables all hardware to use as much power as they want or you can try making a custom setting that might work best for a specific situation (9dragons in particular).

16. KProphetK

I'd bet anything it's due to sli. I remember a friend had his cards set in sli and 9d ran like crap. You said you have to make 9d use just 2 cores vs more.

What launcher are you using, RF or steam? Steam runs a lot smoother for me vs RF launcher. Not sure why but game loads faster and runs smoother.

Really, check what stuff you have running in the background, like do you have a antivirus program other than defender in your PC? Is there and firewall with it.

I had comodo on my PC and go the same issues you have now. I used Avast kapersky, blah blah blah and all Gabe me issues.

I went in and shut down all crap on my PC that I don't need or want running in my background. Boosted PC performance, load time and reboot speed.

Like I said, I run win 10 Pro on a 13 yr old PC and I run and load 9d just as fast or faster than others with new machine's.

Just check what you got running. Bet it's something you didn't realize is there and causing your heat issue.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019