Pvp content in Game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by s0ulmaster, Apr 11, 2019.

1. s0ulmaster

s0ulmaster Member

We all know alot of players love pvp and we also have alot that don't which i why i think the game need some type of Battle Royal type of pvp it could simply mean putting a tab in "F11" that would allow players to form parties to do battle with each other, i know this idea is basically copying alot of of popular games out today but i think it would be fun for alot of people. of course there would be problems with those over powered people which is why battle's would be set based on the players level and how strong they are. In this mode you also would ban the normal HP/VE pills so people don't spam them :mad:, you could have specific pills that only work in battle arena that recast after 30sec also when you die the only thing that can rezz you is healer, cant use rezz pills or the battle would never end and people could also make private battle's and invite only players they want to fight. Well that's it for my idea if you guys like it please comment on other stuff you would like to see in game and to the "GM'S" please if you read this give idea to development team thank you.:)

Edit: forgot to say where battles would take place, you could just make copies of the existing maps and just make them pvp enabled although it would be ideal if we could get new maps for it.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    pvtkourkoutas likes this.
  2. pvtkourkoutas

pvtkourkoutas Member

Many points in a single post, covering almost all aspects of the current situation in-game. Plus, it is not copying other games as much as you think* it is a completely different game with its completely own style anyway.
    First of all, the idea of introducing a new PvP "mode" in a new map is what can get more people into the game - and keep those (including me) who tend to quit after 5-6 single persons pk a whole map disturbing those who want to grind/farm in peace. Maybe with this new mode all those who desparately wanna kill somebody can outlet all that energy onto each other :p.
    Second, endless spam of those hp/ve pills actually kill that enthousiasm for pvp, since in the end one can see 2 guys running across the map, back and forth, one chasing the other until pills run out (or one relogs ;) ).
    GM should really pay attention to this idea of s0ulmaster!

s0ulmaster likes this.
  3. Wandaye

Wandaye New Member

I would love a pvp mode. Just queue up and fight.

s0ulmaster likes this.
  4. s0ulmaster

s0ulmaster Member

I get what you're saying and thats why i stateted in post above that battle would be base on level and how strong the player is, I'm sure there's a way to determine the strength a player has based on the gear, relics, and wep they have. This way they would throw all those Over Powered characters in a battle to kill each other. And if you dont want that type of battle with random pairing there would be an option to create your own battle sequence and invite only people you want to fight.

pvtkourkoutas and Junky91 like this.
  5. s0ulmaster

s0ulmaster Member

I also had the idea to completely deactivate a players gear and put everyone on a level playing feild with the same stats and damage but that would unfair to the people who actually spend time farming there gear to just be killed by a low level character who did'nt spend anytime building there characters.

Junky91 likes this.
  6. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

yeah except your idea won't work for everyone...

do you know how many overpowered people there are in game? few..

so why would they support the game.. when u only fight same 4-5 people over and over...

and the game is 9 dragons...and it a open world real kungfu movie life game... in a kungfu movie.. does the bad guy ask you before trying to kill you? no!!.. they murder your family.. then you gotta avenge your family to protect yours and your family's honor..

it ain't 9dragons the arena... that's what their new game is..

and you have a choice to pvp or not.. use the pvp down buff...

Unless you picked yin...then you made your choice.. Work hard and get overpowered...

Gonna say it ain't about how much you spend... its about how you setup your stuff...
    I know a lot of people who throw buckets at game... yet they are weak as f.. even with all the relics.. necause people like to believe everything they hear...

s0ulmaster likes this.
  7. s0ulmaster

s0ulmaster Member

Hmm you have a point there when you say it wont work for everyone and you are also correct when you say 9D is open world pvp game, because a fun part of the game is when someone start pk'ing your band mate then you gang them and go to war with there band:p. But the problem is those people that grief others cuz i see some people kill a char then call for rezz to kill them continuously, like what the f@#k is that :mad:. And also the people who can one shot you with no chance of defending yourself. That kind of pvp can be really irritating and that's why i suggested this idea sure it won't work for everyone but if it does get implemented it would be something "NEW" for a change.

Also i made this post to stir up new ideas for the game. Even though its highly unlikely that we will get any of this in game :D its still alot of fun hearing people's ideas, so i hope others will share there ideas here.:)

8. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

they added a cool down system..
    Atleast I think they did.
    I pked my alt and was not able to pk my alt again for a certain period of time lol..

Then again Like you said you never know, someone might give them a good idea that they want to implement.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    s0ulmaster likes this.
  9. pvtkourkoutas

pvtkourkoutas Member

The few overpowered players you mentioned are the only ones (so far) freely running in pvp-enabled maps where you can't get anti-pk buff, killing lower lvl players. So, if the majority (and i believe it is not an "if") supports this idea, then those few overpowered shouldn't complain since at least they will face someone equal to them! In other words, they have nothing to lose, while weaker players can win farming in peace (and when they get strong enough they jump in that "battle royale")! A really remarkable question here is: why on earth haven't they (GMs/development) introduced anti-pk buff in Kunlun! And if one thinks that the current situation with pvp is fair, then i cant see what would be unfair to him.

Once again as you mentioned in your post, "Unless you picked yin...then you made your choice.. Work hard and get overpowered...". So why would a Tao player be facing constant pk in Kunlun, by the time he is PvE oriented? Why not split servers into actual pvp and pve? (and not pvp and semi-pvp)

And as for the balance system in the new mode, it would just need only a "gear-power" percentage or idk what else, which sums up all defenses, damages, health, dodge etc etc, as a reference point on how to distribute the two groups.

s0ulmaster likes this.
  10. s0ulmaster

s0ulmaster Member

Yeah i think your right about balance system being based on gear, it should also be based on relics because they can make even an EC char able to kill an HG char. Relics, gear,wep and decos alone can make a lower level char into a tank.So for characters like that level isn't a big deal for pvp.

11. BirdbrainX

BirdbrainX Well-Known Member

Clothes and relics in the older version of 9dragons had level requirement, thus limiting the effectiveness of PvP to being level dependent. In the current version, while the clothes retained the level requirement, relics do not - thus creating a situation where low levels can equip relics that make them OP.

12. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

you keep saying at least like this is not a business... if you spent as much as them.. you would have a potential to be one of them too..

And you have your pve buff... Tao is not exactly pve.. I would just mention that to you.. I played Tao.. you can either stay in no pvp buff maps and still enjoy the game or choose to go to higher maps without buff.. where endgame player who unlike me would not like to start over in a new server play....
    You can't complain in a game when someone is better than you.. well you can , but if I am a good example.. all you will get is giggles ..
    there is always gonna be someone better out there..

you are basically telling Redfox "hey Redfox, shaft your loyal followers in the **** and throw them hillside"..

you think any business int heir right mind would do that?.. they want MONEY!!... and I am pretty sure if they can force you all to pay a lot of money and still keep you they would...

enough said,
    I hope you see where this is going...

The only 1 idea that would make everyone happy is server transfers... so people would have less incentive to stick to 1 server..
    last I asked Redfox laughed in my face... so gluck there..

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  13. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

there are lvl requirements, just not for everything... and you can't make decos lvl dependent... cause they are paid for...

People won't pay for stuff they can't use..

14. pvtkourkoutas

pvtkourkoutas Member

yes, of course, anything a character does have should be taken into account

s0ulmaster likes this.
  15. pvtkourkoutas

pvtkourkoutas Member

I disagree with you, in older versions, a pve server was 100% pve and vice-versa. Therefore, a pve oriented player would enjoy all content of the game at its maximum.
    Running a business my friend, does not mean to fulfill only the few people's wishes and expectations, it is meant to make, if not everyone, at least the majority happy. And last but not least, if a player feels confident that his money won't be donated for nothing, then that's when he will spend money on a game. You can't force someone to pay money like "Hey, you want to be strong? come give me your money and i make you strong". Donating money on a game should be for complementary purposes like adding a final touch on your player and not to earn the ridiculously high amount of gold a few people ask in-game! Thus leading to my final statement which is: because some - more or less greedy- people spend their real money on a game and in a way they "feel bad" for it, they shouldn't force or encourage other people to do so. That isn't gonna pay them back!

16. Tooji

Tooji Member

Sounds like a good idea, I think the stats should be the same between all people regardless of how hard they worked on their gear. Their gear will come into play in LIVE PK, where they just randomly PVP each other. In a tournament setup like the one you've stated - everyone's stats should be equal. Pills should be disabled completely and the map should not be too big, can also have an objective in it or so.

Junky91 likes this.
  17. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

I think you are having a misconception here...
    I am talking about Redfox server, not another server...

Redfox server is the way it is for a reason... Redfox is not the old publishers...

And If we are talking about other servers.. you might wanna look at acclaim.. which was the original western publisher.. they had pvp map in pve server.... Enough said..

And another thing you keep saying "few people's wishes"... Except those few people pay for you to be able to play the game... If you payed as much as them.. you would be part of the few... My point still stands...

And you use the word "Donating". I don't ever remember donating to Redfox... you seem to wanna white wash and run around the fact that it is not donating... I am PAYING for a service.. not donating.... And last I check in any game whether f2p or p2p you have to buy gear... with $$ or game currency... Last I checked getting strong is not complementary... if you playing the game as it should be played.. it is part of progress.. unless you found your niche in game which does not involve progressing the story..

Long story short.. F2P players are needed in the game for the game to be fun for p2p players.. not the other way around... loosing a non playing player does not equal loosing a paying player. So if want to be strong... start paying...
    not donating, PAYING!!

Now, if you want a Utopian game where you won't make any money, or make little money, then you will have to build your OWN GAME... 9dragons is not a UTOPIAN game... None exist so far...

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  18. pvtkourkoutas

pvtkourkoutas Member

Since you took it to a personal level...there you go:

Players and, either you like the term or not, DONATORS like you my friend are killing the game, a fact that for some reason you refuse to accept! I don't have any problem if you want to spend your money on something who keeps saying "Free to play" and then pushes you towards donating! Your money, do as you wish! Just don't make me pay, its not gonna get you your money back.
    And this funny sentence: "you seem to wanna white wash and run around the fact that it is not donating... I am PAYING for a service.. not donating...." .. My friend... you are paying for something that you don't earn!
    Therefore --------> DONATION. And now you can start thinking of what this game pays you back for your money... First of all, fun right?! Disconnections, texture errors, maps down, events randomly going on and off (No offense RedFox)...it's all about fun! If you feel happy with the donation/fun ratio, then i am happy for you, brother! And hey, keep on donating or "paying" for the service, keep the server alive! Just remember, greediness never stops, it only becomes bigger and bigger!

"And last I check in any game whether f2p or p2p you have to buy gear... with $$ or game currency..." $$ and game currency are the same? :eek:

"F2P players are needed in the game for the game to be fun for p2p players" Keep in mind, mister, that those f2p players are humans too, and not toys to play with!

"And another thing you keep saying "few people's wishes"... Except those few people pay for you to be able to play the game... If you payed as much as them.. you would be part of the few..." Hmmm, be careful with expressions like this, sounds like oligarchy..o_O

I am sorry for you and your wasted money. Now, whoever pays is considered god, strong and old player while those who don't are weak, newbies and peasants... Good job!

19. kovan10

kovan10 Member

wow you are mad, for the simple fact that the only thing ppl like u do is complaining about this game. And the funny thing is, no matter how long u cry about it being p2w or p2p, you still seem to never get over it. Let it go. It's the way it is. Pay and play or don't pay, but also don't complain. Get over it buddy. Move on.

Sirme likes this.
  20. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

apparently I am the one mad.. LOL..

I tell the guys facts.. and he gets but hurts.. and projects.. WHEN I DON'T REALLY CARE.. lol..

RedFox swindles me out of my money through gamble all the time.. and I happily oblige.. as long as its not too bad.. cause i wanna be good.. apparently i should be punished for supporting game..

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    kovan10 likes this.