[HOTFIX] Client Resolution Issue - Small Screens & First Time Installers

Discussion in 'Game Help and Tips' started by Starberry, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

As of today (October 19th, 2018), Nimonix issued a client patch supporting 1024x768 screen resolution support. You can now toggle this on the in-game Settings.

The new resolutions are :
    • 1024 x 768 (Non-wide, Square)
    • 720p [also known as : 1280 x 720] (Wide mode)
    • 1680 x 945 (Even wider mode)
    • 1080p [also known as : 1920 x 1080] (Ultra wide mode)
    Update 01/21/2019 : This fix will not work if your computer's screen resolution is below 1024x768.

However, the issue was that the game would STILL not launch because your client is still on the same resolution (which is probably 720p (Registry Editor value : 6 [for Resolution & ScreenRes])

You will need to manually change the value in the Registry Editor (regedit.exe) to launch the game on 1024x768 resolution.

Steps :
    1. Open Start Menu and type in regedit.exe (open as Administrator preferred).
    2. Scroll down the Registry main folder : HKEY_CURRENT_USER and double click it.
    3. A new set of folders will be shown. Locate the folder named "Software" and double click it.
    4. You will see another set of folders, locate the folder named "Nimonix" and double click it.
    5. There will be a folder that shows up as "RumbleFighter". Double click it.
    6. You will see a whole bunch of registry files. Locate the "Resolution" and "ScreenRes" registries.
    7. Double click it and change the value data of both registries to "9".
    8. Your client should run at 1024x768.
    9. ADDITIONAL OPTIONAL STEP (Also applies to first time downloaders) : If your client was full screen and trying the above did not resolve your issue, you must also change the registry of "Windowed" from "0" to "1".
    Disclaimer
    Registry Editing is done at your own risk. A missing or incorrect value data can negatively affect your game client. If you are having trouble understanding to perform the steps above, ask in this thread.​

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    Hercule, Shana, BlinkatDeath and 3 others like this.
  2. Draygashi

Draygashi World Record (Al Hata), CUC

3. BlinkatDeath

BlinkatDeath Member

Thanks for the help, ill miss my full screen but at least now i can login.

4. Starberry

If you want to play full screen, you will need a bigger monitor. In theory, the resolution basically "doubles" in size when you put it at full screen, which is why the black screen issue comes up and making your client unable to load.

Enjoy. = )

5. Draygashi

Wouldn’t adjusting screen resolution also help?

6. Starberry

I don't think anyone would want to change their entire monitor's display output over a game honestly.

BlinkatDeath likes this.
  7. BlinkatDeath

BlinkatDeath Member

well i got a 32 inch is that not big enough lol xD like, what would be recommended to get full screen, because it seriously messes with me not having it o.o

8. Starberry

You can try experimenting with the in-game resolution settings and see if it works out for you. If you experience the problem again, you can repeat the steps listed above.

9. Draygashi

I did... :l

10. Starberry

But... you did that because the resolution didn't display properly or look good for you, no?

also thanks for the laugh

11. Draygashi

I did it before the most recent hot fix because it was the only resolution that displayed all 8 player's HUD. I haven't reverted back after the most recent hot fix.

12. Starberry

Should try the game with your native resolution now. Your computer just looks weird when you "force" it to be at a lower resolution, like blurry text and images.

13. Draygashi

You're right, but 1440x900 is my max and I'm currently playing on 1280x1024.

14. Hercule

Hercule Well-Known Member

I play on my TV 47" and I tried this method and adjusting my screen resolution and neither worked, the best I can get it is to show 3 and a half players wide for size measurement lol. my chat bubble gets cut in half =/

15. Starberry

It is not recommended for you to use a TV screen for gaming. This fix applies for primarily smaller screens only, as stated in the thread title.

Also I am concerned for your eyes if you're playing with a 47" display right in front of you.

16. WhoYu

WhoYu Well-Known Member

I play on my 55" tv once in a while, but I also use my Ps4 controller whenever I switch to the tv.

17. Starberry

I can never imagine myself with a 55" screen in front of me. I've tried using a controller to play but it wasn't a playable experience for me.

Anything bigger than 24" irritates my eyes, and they have to be usually IPS displays.

18. WhoYu

WhoYu Well-Known Member

I'm not right infront of it more like in my couch. But to use a controller you need a good mapper and tweaker to eliminate the ant type of perfomance lag

19. Hercule

Hercule Well-Known Member

XD i just turn the brightness down and yeah i know TV's **** for games

20. Mitsuke

Mitsuke Clean Up Crew

im playing on a 3000x4000 240hz (For some who dont know that means 4k).