Help i got Scammed!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LOSLOS, Sep 9, 2018.

1. dididigit

dididigit Active Member

same if this happened to me and G.M didn't help me i wouldn't play a Redfox game ever again regardless of the small print about not recovering items, its was a genuine mistake by some one who manipulated the situation to there advantage the correct thing to do would be to ban any account related to the ip's address of the scammer if thats possible so it sends a message to the community that scamming will not be tolerated and return the the item to the player or if that's not possible then a refund should be issued to the person or the RP the user has spend returned as compensation as making a 132 costs a lot of money in PC's

2. Hannessa

Hannessa New Member

I doubt Auraz ever top up or do anything for game. he does real world trading so ....

3. [GM]Neko

[GM]Neko RedFox Games Staff Member

Hi guys, there seems to be a problem here so allow us to touch up on this subject. Don't want to beat around the bush here so we will get straight to the point. You guys should be aware of this already, but we do not recover scammed items, nor do we provide compensations in any form. This is the case because providing a compensation here will be considered brutally unfair to the dozens of other players that we have denied, in just the last week alone. Many other players have been scammed in the past and the message they receive is no different than the one stated here.
    We are aware that this was an honest mistake, but the same can be said about those scammed by friends, guild members, or even the fake Facebook page. To provide a fair warning, we announce it everywhere, and we say the same thing to everyone that asks. Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide a compensation for this scamming issue.
    If however, you are looking for justice and not compensation, feel free to submit a support ticket and our support team will be glad to investigate this issue. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, and thank you for understanding.

piehole, GMWykrhm and Fleshmonkey like this.
  4. xEXPx

xEXPx Member

It says in chat every 10 mins I swear, do not get scammed, we do not recover items LOL. Stop trading newbies and double check the trades, simple as that XD. Zzz.

5. Mr0blivionz

Mr0blivionz Well-Known Member

Try to catch up with all the copys of ur own name, i have ahd friends beeing scammed by name copys of me, after that i have made all short of 00Solrac names possible on multiple accs to prevent it from happening again however 2 names were already taken that wasnt me so be aware, ticket sent and nothing could be done about it... really hated to hear it but thats life. even a guy made a g4 guan acc with the name OOsolrac (with fkin double O and small s)

6. Mr0blivionz

could anything be done about this btw??? the names are 00So1rac and 00SoIrac(this is a capital i)
    just tested both this names were taken, i got my cousin by my side with both names he didnt even see the difference so u can see how bad it is in game
    upload_2018-9-10_23-41-41.png Fake
    upload_2018-9-10_23-42-7.png Fake
    upload_2018-9-10_23-42-25.png Original

7. xEXPx

xEXPx Member

Change your name overall or confirm trades on discord if it is a rare item? Scammers exists in every game, it sucks, but that's reality.

8. Mr0blivionz

I'd love to change name but pay 23 usd to change name seems a bit overpriced, price on name change should have been reviewed long ago

dididigit likes this.
  9. dididigit

dididigit Active Member

Neko don't want to be rude about this but i don't think its fair when genuine players suffer like this it send's the wrong message to the community, the reason there are scammers a in the game in first place is because real world trading is a real issue, redfox have always said real world trading is bannable but even with evidence it gets ignored and the game is designed to make items gain a value as the reality is the items are cheaper to buy then make within the game using the item mall a 132 rare might cost what 60 80 usd to buy yet to make that with pc's might cost a lot more. so if scammers get chance to get hold of your items they don't care how much them items cost you to make. they just sell to a real world trader for easy money

If i was in Auraz shoes i wouldn't muck around i would go to my bank and get every payment returned from the game as i would see it as me investing into a product that was been taking away from me yes i know pay pal doesn't support virtual goods but my bank does and yes it would result in a account ban but if i had given you every opportunity to correct the situation and you had let me down as a customer who supported the game i would see it as you guys been in the wrong not me (put your self in the players shoes who spent there hard earned cash)

This is my final comment on situation but i am disgusted if this is the final outcome for this player

10. [GM]Neko

[GM]Neko RedFox Games Staff Member

Hi dididigit, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your thoughts. For starters, RMT is definitely an issue for us as it is with any MMO game. This offense is indeed bannable, and we always carry out the appropriate actions if legitimate evidence is provided. Unfortunately, we are unable to review evidence taken from external sources such as Facebook because there is no way for us to confirm its legitimacy.

In regards to this scamming issue, it is certainly a tough situation. As it stands, none of the events that transpired were caused by server issues, web issues, or in-game bugs. We did not force the victim to make the trade, and we are not responsible for the carelessness that resulted in the scam. If this situation was caused by an error on our end, we would be more than happy to provide any compensation necessary to fix this problem.

As mentioned before, providing a compensation here will be brutally unfair to all of the other players that have been scammed in the past. If we give the victim a compensation, then the next victim of a scam will use this scenario as an example and ask why we helped this player and won't help them. So, to remain fair, we will continue to treat all players equally regardless if they have spent money or not.

Ultimately, this is a heartbreaking situation for any player to experience. As a gamer myself, I can certainly relate to the pain of being scammed. I also understand why you would want to stand up and speak for your friends. However, our regulations are firm and we have provided fair warning that we do not recover scammed items. With all of this said, while we are unable to provide compensation, we still plan to conduct an investigation into this issue to, at the very least, provide some form justice.

GMWykrhm likes this.
  11. dididigit

dididigit Active Member

In regards to this scamming issue, it is certainly a tough situation. As it stands, none of the events that transpired were caused by server issues, web issues, or in-game bugs.

so does this mean anyone who got scammed with fake silver out there elites are entitled to some form of compensation

Because i lost 2 elites and 2 ic's to a game bug / server issue

Oeuny likes this.
  12. Oeuny

Oeuny Member

Now this is something to consider because silver issue scared away tons of new people because prices were crazy, and prices are still jacked right now. All because of an in game bug :(

13. dididigit

dididigit Active Member

was hard not to blame them for quitting just like the CP bug at the very start of server people lost items thinking they were getting a good deal

just glad things are getting back to normal and prices should be back to were they were in a few weeks as silver is just about gone from the game

14. Oeuny

Oeuny Member

Yeah true prices are going back to normal but that doesn't fix all the players who were taken advantage of because of the problem.

dididigit likes this.
  15. Mr0blivionz

I totally agree with you when you say you cant recover he is my friend and i cant see a reason to recover item since many others have been scammed in the past and nothing was done.
    However you also said if it was something you caused then a fix and compensation would be handled and i still didnt recieve nothing for my condor that some btch bought from me for 40b when it was worth 5b.... So I could find out that silver was buggwd 1 hour later. Wich also made me leave after that....
    This time im only using your words neko you said right there that if it was something caused by you it would be possible to give compensation to fix the problem...

16. zeteki

zeteki Member

Why not make scamming become bannable? So the scammers will be scared to scam people cause they know the game will ban em. Sounds easy right? Well its gonna tough job for you guys but i think its better for every player here. Shouting scammed items cannot be recover gives alot of courage to those scammer and do it and do it repeatedly until the game is dead. MAKE IT BANNABLE SO THE SCAMMER WILL GET BAN FOR WHAT THEY HAVE DONE AND THE ITEMS WILL BE RETURN TO THE CLAIMER ^^.