So.. What should I do ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AriaKr, Mar 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. AriaKr

AriaKr New Member

Sorry if I shouldn't post this here by the way..

So, I'm a new player. I'm currently lv.67 (FD7) playing a WT warrior (Blue Dragon) and I don't really know what to do.
    • I'm currently early chapter 3 in my RTD quests. I noticed that it gives me a whole level when I complete the quest, so am I supposed to level up then complete the quests, or is it just a coincidence ?
    • About gear : I currently have the Young Dragon Sword (2nd upgrade) and the Azure Set. What should I have next and when ?
    • My build : I saw that I had to go with 3 dex/1 con, and add a bit of str after 2nd role I think ? I added some already.. Right now I'm buffed, but I should have around 80str, 70con and 180dex. Oh, and I want to do PVE only.
    • Farming, finally : Related to gearing I guess. Where will I need to farm ? And what for (money, materials for equipment/upgrades, epithet.. etc) ? There's also that pig event. Someone said in the chat you could gain Flags, and they seem to be important/expensive ? so maybe I should go hunt pigs during the event ? At least it levels up Lightfoot :s
    Thank you very much for your answers !

2. LoveLetter

LoveLetter New Member

1. The RTD gives enough XP to level up around FD. Unfortunately, it doesn't carry over onto the next level, so preferably, you should be doing those quests at 0% XP to maximize the XP gain. Should probably save Chapter 4 until around FC or mid EC.

2. Gear. You should probably have farmed the Dungeon Set from the white version of Shi Zhang's dungeon in CoF. You can use Purple Jade to upgrade them in your Resource tab (Click that Location's NPC; it's one of them). As for the Young Dragon weapon, it lasts very well until GL. You should be getting the 3rd upgrade pretty soon in one of those quests. Upgrade it and then use some BE to add a few levels (~Level 5 or so). At SM, you can farm the Dungeon Set in white version of Datong's dungeon in VoH. Use Red Jade to upgrade them. For all dungeons, the mobs can drop M/F pieces for 3 parts; only jacket/pants are from the boss (which means you might have to do a few runs).

3. FD, you farm in the map with VoH dungeon. SM, you farm in CC (need Hermit's blessing to negate poison, use Conqueror herbs, or buy a Tome of the Antidote from one of the stalls/Auction and use it/level it to prevent yourself from dying in there). GB - FC, you should be in the white version of Hangzhou. CS - GL, should be Liaodong. Then Ice Palace afterwards. Etc.

4. Farming the pigs can be a good thing. If you happen to get a Flag of Chaos or Bead of Kylin, you would have an extremely easy time leveling up (as the relic is pretty broken). Or you can sell it off for an extremely good amount of money in Hefei (billions, I believe, to buy something else).

BirdbrainX, AriaKr and Junky91 like this.
  3. AriaKr

AriaKr New Member

Is it okay then if I complete chapter 3 quests to reach SM and then focus on VoH to obtain the set ? Or do I simply ignore it and do more questing/grinding ?

Same here. I managed to somehow open around 10 eggs, but I got mostly pigs back from them. I'm kinda bummed out :s Do I really have a chance to get something good if I invest lots of hours into chasing pigs ? Or should I just focus on grinding ?

Thank you for your answer !

edit : Oh, also, where should I farm blood essences ? I've tried killing enemies but I barely have ~250/999 blood points after a while. And I'm supposed to farm hundreds of BEs ? Is it just that slow ?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  4. Bankz

Bankz Active Member

I'll make a comment about BEs

It takes 999/999 blood count to make 1 BE which once you get to high lvl grind, you'll have no problem reaching that goal. You can also hunt map bosses which can drop 1-4 BEs but have a long respawn time. You can also run CC dungon and trade 2 fragments from dungon to get 5 BEs per trade. Once you're lvl 200+ ish you can grind pretty good in Kulun (need other things besides lvl) where mobs drop plenty of BEs. You can buy from others as well but it's like 400k - 550k per BEs.
    Hope this helps!

AriaKr likes this.
  5. AriaKr

AriaKr New Member

Oh okay. I guess it's too early for me to worry about BEs then. I'll try that VoH dungeon to get a new set I guess. Thanks for the help.

6. Daoji

Daoji Active Member

Welcome to 9Dragons ^^ Always nice to see new people join.

For me, the fastest way to farm BE is in Conqueror's Cave Dungeon (CCD); During 'Drop Event', farm 'Fragment of Conqueror', or "frags", which can sometimes drop from mob, mini/level boss/s & especially from looting the chests you get every 5th level.
    ~ 2 Fragments = 5 BE
    ~ you can acquire upto 1 frag per box on purple; 3 to 7+ chests every 5 levels.
    ~ chest "quality" varies, as does what's inside (elixirs, passes, etc)
    ~ buy passes from the NPC @ the dungeon entrance.
    Sorry, but I forgot the player-level for the 4 colours, but I think Purple is where you'd start.
    Purple has 10 levels. So you will get chests on level 5 & 10. As well the Soul Tiger Boss.

Good luck.

AriaKr likes this.
  7. LoveLetter

LoveLetter New Member

You can finish the Chapter 3 quests and it'll be fine. Then grind grind grind til early EC/mid EC and then do Chapter 4 RTD to get 2nd role. I think it's early/mid SM to solo run a purple VoH. I could be slightly off with the levels, however, since you are a warrior, early SM should be fine.

They nerfed the drop rate on the 2nd day of the event :S

You may have a chance to get the flag. However, it's not a guarantee, even if you spend hours gathering pigs. It's something you have to make the decision for yourself. That said, while the flag is extremely good, there are also other gear available that are pretty decent as well out there.

Plus, with the time you spent chasing pigs, you could easily reach 2nd role, especially with x3 Exp weekend event going. Slap on a x5 Exp card (can get it once you hit the 3 hour mark of gameplay time/afk logged on and click the top right stamp thingy to receive it) and you'll be there in no time. Personally, I would say, just grind and level up. If you happen to bump into pigs along the way, just collect it and open eggs as you go (that's what I'm doing). The pig event is a month long event as well, so ample time to collect it, to be honest. The pig event is mostly for higher levels who is pretty maxed out, have near end game gear, and have not much else to do.

BE farming is not worth it in lower levels. It's rather tedious. Wait until higher levels, where it drops more easily. Upper dungeons also drop BE as well. Blood point are fractions of a BE. Collect 999 BP (from mobs) and then click on the button when it flashes to exchange it for 1 BE. If you are planning to upgrade your Young Dragon weapon, the first 2 upgrade materials are from the General Store. Level 3 - 5 use pretty low amounts of BE as well (total 6 I think). BE is only good for upgrading weapons and at the moment, you don't need to upgrade your weapon too crazily due to how fast you can level. Also, you can exchange the Lucky Golden Coin (from the pigs at the moment) in the Cave of Conqueror Resource for 1 BE (need 20 coins).

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    AriaKr likes this.
  8. AriaKr

AriaKr New Member

It seems better than farming VoH, which is my only good option for now (other than pigs). I did try to run the dungeon twice in purple but I just can't do it. Those fire pillars stage 3 are destroying me. And I don't have time to meditate in between because of time limit. I guess it's too soon for now. But now I know where I'll need to farm, thank you very much for the info :)

I got my weapon to +4 through refining. It's enough to kill the monsters for now.
    I just finished obtaining that VoH set and I'm focusing on leveling rather than chasing for pigs. I usually pick them up when I see them too. Managed to get a few coins (not sure if they're important) along with a few millions. Thanks for the input !

9. LoveLetter

LoveLetter New Member

If you get the Lucky Gold Coin, you can trade it for 1 BE in Cave of Conqueror Resource (need 20). The Loulan gold coins are for specific clan decos in Resource.

10. AriaKr

AriaKr New Member

Actually I was talking about the gold coin pieces things, and the ancient compass. I finallyyyyyy got a flag though ! and found out what the compass were for as well.

Quick question if you know : Are blood essences from bosses not guaranteed ? I've did purple/green/red VoH runs without any BE. I also did 2 purple CCD run and got two items out of the 35~40 boxes. I didn't expect much but that's harsh..

11. khanarya

khanarya Member

RTD's can give 1 lvl by RTD, so you'll need to be at 0 XP (faster lvl up and exp use). Mostly ppl keep them until GB or EC and lvl up until mid-FC with them.
    Each day log in and get that daily attendance (stamp under the map). Save the X5 cards and drop cards for exp events in the weekend. XP for grind, drop for dungeons or CCD.
    AT FC 2 try to get yellow dragon set - best set in-game for low levels, and try to upgrade it. Therefore do as many vof or superior vof runs you can. And in HZ or NN gather or the yellow dragon jades - needed for the set upgrade.
    also on almost all maps (except BP, LL) you will drop collectibles and karma relics. Check the forum for LOYALTY or check the loyalty tab too see which collectibles you need to save and what materials in order to try to make BLUE/BLACK or double banner. Also, you can sell them and make a quick gold.

12. LoveLetter

LoveLetter New Member

BE is not guaranteed for dungeon boss drops or any map boss drop. You can increase your chance with the Item Drop card, event drop rate, or if you are in a clan/master buff.

Farming for CoF and VoH ain't the greatest because they stripped the rewards with this version. CCD is a bit better, but not much. Higher level dungeons give better rewards.

As mentioned a few times above, being a higher level nets BE more easily via mob drops or dungeon runs. The School of Rising Sun guarantees BE drops if I remembered correctly. Just focus on grinding at lower levels with the upcoming x3 event.

13. Revered

Revered Well-Known Member

Not in this version.

KJ guarantees BE drops (1 or 2)

14. Daoji

Daoji Active Member

sorry for the late reply, as I was off on a ski holiday.

I am glad to see you are enjoying 9D while leveling ^^
    Sorry, if you lost experience due to my suggestion & not knowing level of mob per pass colour. Also, Sorry to read the boxes did not give any fragments. I tend to do CCD runs only during drop event..