[Sacred Scroll] Chaser -WIP-

Discussion in 'Scroll' started by Jazztech, Apr 18, 2017.

?

Yes or No?

1. Affirmative

9 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Negative

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Jazztech

Jazztech Well-Known Member

Dunno what made me want to attempt making a scroll, but it happened, so here it is.
    Also, yes. It's completely recycled.

Big thanks to @Shana for helping me with the overall design and giving multiple suggestions to keep myself interested in this 'project' (Albeit some things didn't make it) AND the images for the combos.​

Description
    Simple in design and quick in execution. A combat style made to pursue enemies and keep them close to unleash an barrage of fast and effective attacks.

Stance
    Currently Missing

Combos
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]- 5 Hits
    [​IMG]
    80, 90, 120, 90+90 [470]

A quick flurry of punches ending with a 2-hit input resulting in a knockback similar to Volt's kG PPP.
    This combo is very linear minus the 3rd input which has decent angling at best.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]- 3 Hits
    [​IMG]
    80, 90, 150 [320]

A simple combination of two straight punches after which the user spins clockwise into a lunging straight kick. This is meant to have high range to catch those trying to walk away. Bad angling on this one, of course.
    This is also the only "real" knockback the scroll has.

[​IMG]- 5 Hits
    [​IMG]
    95, 95, 105, 110, 173* [510]

* = reduced damage due to air time
    The main damage-dealer combo of Chaser that doubles as a short fencer. Again, the 3rd input is the best for angling being only alright.

[​IMG]- 6 Hits
    [​IMG]
    95, 95, 30+30+30+30 [310]

The stun launcher combo for Chaser ending with a huge lunge forward to assault the enemy with a barrage of punches.

[​IMG]- 2 Hits
    [​IMG]
    Uppercut - 150
    Landing Punch - 170 [150 if grounded]

This special attack works similar to Asura's kG P and kG K. Unlike Asura, it goes it one direction and is meant to be fast enough to work as a dedicated ground hit.

At least try to give constructive feedback. If you generally just don't like it, don't make an excuse why, just say you don't.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  2. ColdCornBread

ColdCornBread Member

Hm I see every move is recycled, I feel as though if u want something of your's implemented ig you need to look for moves instead of using just all recycle moves from RF . In my eyes I don't see staff taking this serious and clearly sure they wont put ig, but hey anything is possible it happen with hun gar.

http://forums.playredfox.com/index.php?threads/blistering-complete.33745/

Finallypng.png

tamirtov likes this.
  3. ColdCornBread

ColdCornBread Member

what I'm tryna say is mix it up a little don't just use all RF moves but its your scroll just tryna help

4. Jazztech

Jazztech Well-Known Member

No one cares if something's recycled or not anymore. Even suggestions that weren't using something straight out of RF still managed to get flooded with recycled moves. Both Savate and Volt are examples of suggestions like that, and Blue Dragon is also completely recycled, though I dunno where it came from.
    Just look at it like this: I'm just making it easier to show what I want in a scroll to the people that develop this game. Besides, RF is literally all about taking ideas from other 'things' and making it into their own 'thing'.

5. Gearman

Gearman Active Member

Looks good so far, PPK seem like one of those filler combos to me, if you want a ->G you can have the player lung forward similar to the contact of Pro Wrestling's K~G P attack, they kind of used it with Devil Giant exo core's B skill.

Hung Gar was a live performance video suggestion, recycled moves are very understandable in some cases but others look like poor choices for recycling as their are only so many attacks that people can do in fighting or training after that you are just making up fantasy moves which are most likely a normal move exaggerated.

6. Draygashi

Draygashi World Record (Al Hata), CUC

supp0rt

Flamekiller and BJJFromGJJ like this.
  7. SeeJest

SeeJest Bushido

Might wanna slowdown the combos a bit.. PPK and KKG+K are nice ideas though

Jazztech likes this.
  8. TheDL6Incident

TheDL6Incident Creator of Buki

Ahhh so THIS is what passes 4 a skr00l
    I'm gonna go back to snorting dingle dust.

BJJFromGJJ and Darkster23 like this.
  9. 12characters

12characters Well-Known Member

d0pe

Darkster23 likes this.
  10. tamirtov

tamirtov Clean Up Crew

SupporT

BJJFromGJJ and Flamekiller like this.
  11. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Did this guy just insult Hung Gar as a creation? Reading that just gave me Visual AIDS. Hung Gar got every animation it suggested and only got a few recycled animations because he recorded himself doing attacks already in the game intentionally. Like I'm genuinely offended right now. Did he really just try to drag Hung Gar thru the mud to prop himself up while putting down somebody who is actually putting creative effort into their scroll? Zero respect for those who came before.
    Took the words from my mouth.

12. Flamekiller

Flamekiller Glacial Master & Clean Up Crew

Support

Jazztech likes this.
  13. uNote

uNote Member

Quick Question: Have you ever worked on Rumble Fighter before? Like were you a GM like Tiny? I'm just amazed at how you know everything about every detail in RF, it just blows my mind. so i'm assuming you were at one point.

EDIT: I know you're gonna take that the wrong way, so to be clear i'm not trying to offend you. Just saying that you know a lot

14. uNote

uNote Member

Yes but i was just curious. Since he has such a high reputation that if someone else has a different opinion than him he will post a 3 paragraph rant defending himself and his opinions. Like tbh i think Redemption isn't even that good. (cant wait to see his reply ;3)

15. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Nope never been a GM and this is my 1st time hearing of Tiny ever being a GM, don't believe thats true. I've just been around since we had our best Scroll Creationists in OGP and I learned from their examples of what works. I'm just a loose cannon so if someone offends me I tend to give them some lip ;p Like that CornBread dude who talked like an exaggerated hood rat while constantly patting his own back. Smells like bad parenting to me but eh.

Redemption was so good it had to be nerfed and it's still S- tier if only barely. It's just too overbalanced and versatile. It's creator Yoh was probably one of the most verbally gifted scroll creators, nobody could text-wall like he could. The scroll creation forum was a VEEERY different place back in OGP with very different people.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    Draygashi likes this.
  16. Panthaero

Panthaero Well-Known Member

Basically my feels when im up against redemption. It does everything so well that punishment is purely down to how badly the player themselves whiffed.

Tengu likes this.
  17. uNote

uNote Member

ahh, you know that actually makes sense, i mean i started in 2012, but i hate when people say that i don't know much bout RF, and this doesn't go just for me. I feel New Gen players should be given more praise because without them RF would ****** die. People give new players way less credit than they should be given and it pisses me off. Like i cant wait to see a New Gen player destroy some of the best players on RF. thanks for your input Tengu!

Tengu likes this.
  18. Panthaero

Most new players haven't spent their first $1k tbh

19. Panthaero

12 year olds man

20. Nandayo

Nandayo Active Member

HA

BJJFromGJJ, tamirtov and Darkster23 like this.