Savate Boxed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Entrusted1, Dec 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Entrusted1

Entrusted1 Clean Up Crew

I understand the RF community has recently participated in a scroll creation event. Congratulations to those who won, but something isn't right here. I've been playing RF for 8 years, so i feel i know a really good scroll when i see one as opposed to an average one and i'm really confused as to how something as underpowered as Savate could be boxed, never mind that everything in there is perm and the boxes probably have good rates. But honestly how could that be boxed but something like Marang Ninjutsu wasn't? I hope it isn't the simple fact that it was a user made scroll, so they boxed it. Is there a reason behind this i'm not seeing? Can someone give me an honest answer.

lVlonsterCat and tamirtov like this.
  2. Jazztech

Jazztech Well-Known Member

Same reason Fearless, Sumo, and Hungar are still boxed. They're not really up to snuff with the rest of the newer scrolls in terms of almost anything.

lVlonsterCat and Shana like this.
  3. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

Savate in my opinion, feels pretty powerful

A punch combo that has a launcher (It causes a spinout, which means it can give positional advantage)
    A kick combo that has a launcher (4 inputs especially. That's painful)
    It has a dodge launcher that actually hurts

so that's 3 launchers.

The grab gives positional advantage
    It has a trip combo (gives positional advantage)
    It has a reliable fence edger

The stun of the moves are yet to be known, but I'm sure the scroll creator himself will reveal these values. And the angling properties

It's not the flashiest scroll out there, but I can see why it's boxed

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  4. SoarRF

SoarRF Well-Known Member

bc milk helps you develop healthy bones and teeth

lVlonsterCat and HumoLoco like this.
  5. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

The scroll as a whole is very safe and very fast. kGPPP 3rd punch has amazing delay. The grab can be followed up by a ground hit. The ground hit moves enemies on the ground further than any other scroll and can easily angle to move them left or right off a nearby ledge on the 3rd hit. Many animations blend in with each other so it's difficult at times to tell what combo you are in, sometimes even for me. Scroll should be boxed tho it has down sides like it's lack of arcing hitboxes.

6. Shana

It's safe to say that your scroll implementation is a huge success

the scroll looks really darn cool too

The PPK alone makes me want to get this scroll

lVlonsterCat and Tengu like this.
  7. RumbleNomad

RumbleNomad Well-Known Member

I see they forgot to add a very crucial part of the scroll,i'm pretty disappointed in you RedFox.

At the moment of reading this you are wondering "What did they forget?!"

Well my child...they forgot the sneakers.

WOAH IS ME! LACK A DAY! LACK A DAY! THEY LEFT OUT THE GOD DAMNED SNEAKERS!

lVlonsterCat and BJJFromGJJ like this.
  8. SacredSwordJr

SacredSwordJr Well-Known Member

The thing I dont get is how come we got a scroll that is a like a exocore but still in shop. And Savate that got no special kG or run z like Marang but its in box. Like do u get my point ?Btw did Tengu get the scroll from GM/Nimonix?

lVlonsterCat likes this.
  9. Shana

Savate does have a special kG though - it has a dodge, with a combo that has 3 inputs and launches. That's like the most painful dodge launcher ever

and Savate's groundhit moves opponents further than any other groundhit in the game right now, so that itself makes the scroll very special.

There's no need for a scroll to have a >>G input for a scroll to be powerful

Not every scroll that's awesome should be boxed. Some scrolls are boxed for the sake of being boxed, but Savate does have attributes that make it a worthy rare.

I'd be so upset if Marang Ninjutsu/Mystic Arts/Hunter/Choy Li Fut/Asura was boxed, and a lot of people would be too. Not every single powerful scroll in this game should be boxed either. Even the top 10 scrolls (that were boxed for a long long time) are coming back to the store.

And Tengu got his scroll obviously, because he won the scroll contest. He gets the scroll whether it's rare or not

A lot of scroll creators in the suggestion forum demand for their scroll to be rare, and yet people are upset about a scroll creators's scroll being rare too? Tell me how funny that is. Any scroll creator would jump in joy realizing that their scroll is special due to its rare status

What's more humbling for Tengu is that he never wanted Savate to be boxed, yet it still did. At that point, you can't even be mad at Tengu for that.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  10. Shana

I'm just saying that a lot of scroll creators lowkey wouldn't mind that their scroll is rare, because you know how rares are. Rares make the scroll extremely valuable, no matter what kind of scroll it is

I can understand why some scroll creators wouldn't want their scroll to be boxed though. If a scroll is boxed, there's less people using it, and that's depressing for some scroll creators. Some scroll creators prefer their scroll to be used by many many many players, than only the people who have money to throw at boxes

lVlonsterCat likes this.
  11. Shana

Yup, this is why I find it rather frustrating that some scroll creators are pricing their scroll as a rare in the suggestion forum. I'm sure many players that support the scroll actually want to use the scroll and have it in their inventories to keep

But in Tengu's case, he really wanted Savate to be a shop scroll; it still became a rare anyway

It must be humbling for him to see that happen

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
    lVlonsterCat likes this.
  12. Tezmanian

Tezmanian Well-Known Member

Would of been great if none of the new items in this update were boxed. Leaving it in the shop for anyone to buy within the time limit is a more fair game then pure chance.

lVlonsterCat likes this.
  13. Shina

Shina Creator of Shattering Hand

This

14. Draygashi

Draygashi World Record (Al Hata), CUC

I'm sorry, but the Scroll is so recycled @Tengu it's not worth it being almost $6 a box.

For those looking to spend money on the boxes, or Rumble Fighter in general right now, don't even bother.

15. Disregard

Disregard Well-Known Member

You have a good opinion.
    But honestly, I still don't see why this scroll should be boxed. Yes combo potential wise is good but, does it really look like a scroll to be boxed to be honest?
    Multiple scrolls other then marang have the same things as savate that are in store, I have watched this replay numerous times and I still do not see it as being boxed.
    Yes, its not flashy but it looks like any old scroll (old = actual martial arts in my standard) we had.
    Also mentioning that the dodge is just like Stinger but with a juggle for punch and kick for... well kick.

16. Shana

Scrolls that get boxed are not boxed based on power/flashy-effects anymore

They are rather boxed for the sake of being boxed

17. Disregard

But... this is the first time that is actually boxed by not being flashy in for a long time.
    Sure I haven't tried the scroll out yes, maybe it could change my mind but it just looks like something from the store that's all.
    And probably never will because I do not buy boxes.

lVlonsterCat, BJJFromGJJ and tamirtov like this.
  18. Shana

Yeah. Hunter could've easily been boxed, and Mystic Arts especially, and Marang Ninjutsu

but Savate out of all those scrolls got boxed, so I guess it's just a matter of it being boxed for the sake of being boxed

Savate's scroll design is pretty powerful though, which is why I can see why it's boxed similar to non flashy scrolls like Hungar, Telos, Sumo, and Fearless

lVlonsterCat, BJJFromGJJ and tamirtov like this.
  19. Disregard

My fcken point of fearless and sumo and all the others, think this is gonna be the reverse effect of actual scrolls being boxed for good reasons this time?

lVlonsterCat likes this.
  20. Shana

Savate is a pretty powerful scroll, and it seems pretty high tier, so it's not too questionable

But the problem I do have with the Savate box is the ridiculous 6$ pricetag for 1 box. People already spent around $150 and got no scroll. Seems the rates are low for what this box offers at its price

I didn't have much problem with Sumo's rare status since the box only costed like 180RC each, and the boxes are permanently in the shop

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.