Implement IP Block

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chaos, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Chaos

Chaos Member

As an elite player from Acclaim, GC and G1, I have enjoyed the game over 10 years now. During my time playing this game, the most frustrating issue I faced is illegal item vendors. One of the websites that sell these items are okaygoods and they are originated in Vietnam. But okaygoods aren't the only ones that sell these items, there are many others like them, most of these vendors are originated from Vietnam. From my experience, I have met a number of people holding GM tools from those countries. Not only do these ruin the game, it also discourages honest player from playing the game and spend money on the actual item mall, because the item mall seems trivial when you can purchase a +12 weapon for straight cash.

I suggest the GMs implement a IP block for this game and keep this game in NA/EU only. If you want to keep player base and want a prolonged successful game like Acclaim.

2. Chaos

Chaos Member

No racism intended. If I was being racist, I would say something along the line, hey make sure no asian can play this game. I said, ban any hacking countries, simple.

3. Hegemonic

Hegemonic Member

Any previous 9dragons player knows that certain individuals had GM tools and were selling all sorts of items at a huge discount compared to the official item mall.

Chaos likes this.
  4. xiros

xiros New Member

So , like me from north Africa i'll can't join that because you don't like Vietnam Person , after 7 years of playing :) !really nice post ! :p

5. xiros

xiros New Member

Amen !

6. DioltasMilis

DioltasMilis New Member

You have a point, but at the same time you're essentially saying they are ALL hackers.
    Like if we are to examine the time in Acclaim when hacking peaked, it was when the Vietnamese server closed and they came over to play on Acclaim.
    At the same time it isn't quite right to blame all Vietnamese (as a few are innocent).
    At the same time it's pretty easy to mess with your IP or make it seem like you're playing from a different country then you really are.
    So your giant IP block would essentially be useless.

7. Idolized

Idolized Active Member

How about this: IP block all countries that have their own versions of 9D. Sorted.

Shyheim, SirMetrea and Chaos like this.
  8. balb1n0

balb1n0 Active Member

Even those "hacking countries" have people who are not hackers...

9. Blitzcronk

Blitzcronk Well-Known Member

Banning players in regions I'd say is pretty discriminating, not everyone is trying to 'hack' the game. This isn't a good idea.

Sponk likes this.
  10. Chaos

Chaos Member

All I am saying is, up until now, EVERY single version of 9D lost player base due to hackers and item vendors. If this game were to be successful, those things must be eliminated. Sure, you can continue without IP bans, or whatever, but enjoy going down the same path as G1, GC, and Play9D. What would make this server any different, its just another base for the game to stand on, it will fall like all other.

11. Blitzcronk

Hackers and 'item vendors' can be minimized by good active staff members. Banning regions is just pure laziness and unfair to those who are legitimate players. It's highly unlikely players in the Asian continent will play here regardless due to the severe latency delays.

12. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

Gz to Chaos for his first 3 posts.

xiros likes this.
  13. Sponk

Sponk Member

Don't forget using an anti-hack shield which isn't as outdated as GameGuard/Hackshield could do wonders as well.

14. Chaos

Chaos Member

Yeah? Then what happened in Acclaim, G1
    FYI, GM tools cant be blocked by Hackshield or gameguard

15. BigBossJ

BigBossJ New Member

I agree with Chaos, the game was going fine when there were no viets. Then it went to ruins with power levels, duped weps, and coin sellers. He has a valid point and is not racist for expressing how the viets ruined the server.

16. Blitzcronk

Gameguard is pretty outdated, after version 6.x it was replaced by Hackshield. There will always be people with the ability and understanding to exploit whatever security is in place and the best way to protect the game is staff actually monitoring the game.

Blaming the viets when it isn't just vietnamese players? There is an entire forum board dedicated to breaking gameguard and further one for 9dragon exploits.... It sounds ridiculously xenophobic now.

17. Sponk

Sponk Member

When was this? For all I know, viets has been here the entire time. Nirvana had a lot of viets for as long as I can remember. Many of them were in KM back in early acclaim.

dixbutts likes this.
  18. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

This is 2016 just because they have the GM tool doesn't mean they can log in to any server.
    Just because I download Procon it does not mean I can admin any BF4 server just by typing in the IP address.

19. Blitzcronk

Any GM tool that is currently available most likely wouldn't connect to a client as the structures were all changed. :)

20. Chaos

Chaos Member

Your using opinion against evidence. From my experience, there has been use of GM tools in all of GC, G1 and Acclaim. Thats how powerleveling and weapon duping and 100% enchanting succes rate was accomplished. Even banners were duped.