how to for gourdies -how to undead RF-

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mockery, Jun 6, 2016.

?

the revival project

1. im on board captain

10 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. no to this AND to pegging

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Mockery

Mockery Well-Known Member

this ones mostly addressing you gourdo

There are like 7 people playing this game. This close knit little hub of people squabbling back and fourth over the same two topics. Im sure youve noticed it in your short time with our community.
    essentially, we are dying.
    back in its prime, rumble fighter had a good couple thousand people logging on within the day, and that would be a slow day. in its youth, this game was the bees knees. but slowly over the years not only has the quality seem to have dropped, but also the population. for obvious reasons of course.
    we have had several start overs. reboots and republishing. it makes an old dog all the more wary. ESPECIALLY WHEN WE HAVE NO ADVERTISEMENT TO FURTHER SPREAD THE GAME.
    has no one noticed how unknown rumble fighter is to the rest of the gaming world. its not because were a boring game. its not because we have nothing to offer. no, its not even because our sole developer is a lonely Korean guy sitting in a board room by himself trying to how to video on shaving. its not. its not any ones fault specifically.

by now youre wondering what im rambling on about.
    well i got a magical cure all for you buddy.
    were gonna spread the good word.
    i propose to you...the revival project.

what it is
    the key to re kindling our community is advertisement. you cant grow a fire with out matches. and you sure as hell cant roast a turkey with sparks. so this needs to be a big movement. and the only way were gonna go big is by having full support from you, i.e mister gourdy-the gourdo.
    essentially the revival project is a host sponsored event that gives all players the chance to participate and contribute. seeing as how neither the publisher nor the developer are going to fork over the funds to do it themselves, were gonna use the player base as free manual labor.

its a two phase initiative
    the first part will be prep work.
    host a casual art event for players to make banners show casing their favorite aspects of rumble fighter.
    it can be any thing. as long as the banners are either dynamic, attractive, or interesting.
    once all entries are in and deadlines are reached choose how ever many banners as winners and we can commence phase two.

phase two is the fun part. this is where effort goes straight into results.
    this second even will be a raffle. using the winning banners of the previous event we are going to openly distribute them to the player base. were gonna make a whole big show about this part because its the crucial key to success.
    the banners need to be available for print.
    players will print these banners out and take out to the streets to spread the good word.
    and every time they post a banner in a public place their name will be entered into a raffle.
    so for example
    if i printed out four banners and i took them out into the world and posted them in four separate locations for the public to see, then my name would go four times into a grand prize raffle.
    now i know what youre thinking. "dese varmits r some darn cheatin dinguses, Mockery, how we is gon get round dat dere fact."
    thats pretty simple gourdo. were gonna have them put in proof. every time a banner is posted publicly, the player must take a picture of it being posted up in order for the raffle submission to count.

so say if i put a banner up at my local library, i would take out my handy dandy smartphone or camera and take a picture of the banner displaying proudly. then i would post the picture into the event thread with a brief description and my IGN. and theres my raffle entry. this would need to be done for EVERY INDIVIDUAL entry.

what do the players get out of this
    admittedly this is a good amount of work.
    first you gotta get a printer
    then you gotta print it
    then you gotta tape it up on a thing
    then you gotta take a picture
    wow
    exhausting

to compensate for the player base risking LIFE and LIMB to help their beloved game, we need to have a prize they can drool over.
    the grand prize. i have a couple ideas about this grand prize that we could discuss more on privately but heres a general spitball idea.
    one first place winner will receive
    a stack of RC so fat that it makes their momma look like the deceased Micheal jackson
    along with a signed thank you letter from nimonix himself
    and a special one of a kind (newly made and never again will be made) savior of RF set
    some thing that NO ONE else will ever have. its also gotta look really hot okay
    and one other rare thing of their choice

20 second place winners will receive
    a moderate stack of RC
    a rare item of their choice

30 third place winners will receive
    a like on their entry posts
    and idk like 50k carats or some thing

the rest will receive a like on their entry posts from [GM]gourdy

conclusion
    thats the general gist of it
    i hope to hear from a moderator on feedback. at the very least id like a little heads up if theres any interest in this project at all. ive kicked around the idea for quite some time now but never took the time to jot it down. im aware that this prompt was unorganized and scattered. i still hope to hear from you mister gourdo.
    please contact me if youre on the fence or just seeking more details and information. also if its completely out of your hands but you still want to give it a try, then its a good idea to back it up publicly and let the player base give it a go.
    for casual forum viewers who read through all this. please dont tease me ill cry. i dont like typing long winded things.

TrollSenpai and tamirtov like this.
  2. Stimuli

Stimuli Well-Known Member

TL : DR

ToulueVang likes this.
  3. Flamekiller

Flamekiller Glacial Master & Clean Up Crew

"There are like 7 people playing this game", I did an experiment and about 60 ppl added me in one day. Half the players that are online afk in the lobby. They should do an advisement on youtube.

LockBanFlag likes this.
  4. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

The thing about advertising this game, is that it's decieving.

A lot of the things in this game are frustratingly buggy, and the first load problem alone will drive away players.

The main thing that should be addressed is the player experience, than the advertising. If a player really enjoys the game, they will get more people to play it.

Advertising the game when the state of the game is quite buggy, and frustrating, will actually bring further negativity towards the game.

And people aren't motivated to go out of their way to post posters locally, when the developers have the power to advertise to the internet, which is 1000x more efficient to do.

Ultimately it's up to the developers to make great changes to the game. Us as players will boast about the game, if the player experience allows it

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
    Flamekiller and LockBanFlag like this.
  5. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

6. BloodNinja

BloodNinja Well-Known Member

Thread #22578399

7. TimeSplitter

TimeSplitter Well-Known Member

How about we let this game die once and for all.

Ripmaskedman likes this.
  8. Comoros

Comoros Well-Known Member

The trick to advertising is to know which audience you want to cater to. The idea you proposed is one of the dumbest things you can do to help the game.

9. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

k.
    I read the whole.
    My main question is. Can RedFox afford the advertisement or they keep greed on the money?

7 players playing in this game? My ass. There's like 90-130 players playing in this game. But when I create koth room nobody want come to my koth room. Compare to what you say there's 7 players playing in this game is false.

RedFox's event prize are a decent. Nothing of wrong with them compare to GC. It's better than GC and OGP.

Remember that. If you want to rushing the korean developer, they will trash it. like they did it to tiny's suggestion and KOD, because y'all rushing them like a *****.

Your thread is utterly ******* useless trash.

Ripmaskedman likes this.
  10. Mockery

no **** sherlock
    college and university public boards
    public libraries
    highschool campuses
    teen block party boards
    arcades

i could go on
    it only doesnt work when you limit yourself to how stupid you are

11. Mockery

im aware that internet advertising is far more effective
    im also aware of the horrendous bugs that turn not only new but seasoned players away
    that being said
    they are not going to out money into advertising
    period
    if they were going to they would have started by now
    also
    the bugs are something that i hope will be cleared out once the developers and publishers start seeing more players roll in
    again that is only a hope
    but i can assure you
    current state of affairs is seeing that there will be no fixes wether we do or dont do any thing

12. Mockery

joke
    head

but yes youre right
    its still a very sad number dont you think
    compared to the thousands that log onto other failing games

tamirtov likes this.
  13. LockBanFlag

LockBanFlag Active Member

I got -1 people to play, am I doing a good job gourdy? You don't pay me.

tamirtov likes this.
  14. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

You have no idea how worked is the advertisement running on business with redfox.

You have no idea how are developer has hard work on writing the code.

You have no idea how are business nowadays.

You have no idea how government systems are.

You have no idea why are you existing.

LockBanFlag likes this.
  15. Shana

I feel that right now, the burn-out rate is high

With more players, the pressure might get too overwhelming. Right now they can pace themselves

There's a Q&A from GC, that addressed many issues that they plan on fixing.
    http://forums.playredfox.com/index.php?threads/nimonix-q-a.3060/

HumoLoco and LockBanFlag like this.
  16. Mockery

yeah i was here for that
    there was a lot of well placed skepticism towards their answers
    whats it been
    a year now?
    theres no incentive

17. Shana

I wouldn't be surprised if it's taking so long. Sometimes it takes awhile to find the solutions, and it will take even more time trying to execute the solution

Rumble Fighter is already buggy as it is, so to find solutions in the midst of all these bugs, would be seriously a very difficult task.

And money is also a concern, since the staff needs to survive in order to maintain their loyalty to the company. Money becomes a huge power over the priorities, most likely.

LockBanFlag and HumoLoco like this.
  18. Arceus

Arceus Clean Up Crew

The lack of capitalization hurts

LockBanFlag likes this.
  19. Mockery

the lack of new players hurts more

small problems bother small people

20. LockBanFlag

LockBanFlag Active Member

New players leave all the time regardless of support given to them