lol another/another shutdown

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Belizar, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Belizar

Belizar New Member

this is just.....awesome :)

2. exShadow

exShadow Active Member

Up for 5 mins and shutdown again. LOL at RedFox. RedFox, is that your first time setting up game server? Have you ever done such business before? Just wondering..

3. Belizar

Belizar New Member

Cant wait for next shutdown. who knows what w r gonna get, more waiting hours maybe o_O

4. Zukee

Zukee Active Member

Yes they currently managing rf online too.It is siniliar to 9d in a way.Its been running for over 12 years.

5. Blitzcronk

Blitzcronk Well-Known Member

The incompetence of these 'developers' are astounding. It's more than likely that Ahri is nothing but an intermediary who is receiving information from higher sources and relaying it back to us.I already made my thread when I got salty, I'm finished with ranting.

6. exShadow

exShadow Active Member

5 minutes up and 3 hours of downtime... lol. Most of the biz operation server has 99.99% availability, which is opposite on RedFox. :D RedFox, you guys definitely would fail SLA if exists.

7. stdlibdoth

stdlibdoth New Member

We want an exp event as a compensation for the downtime.

8. idolRedSky

idolRedSky Member

still not ready for OBT maybe :D

9. Blitzcronk

This server needs to go back into CBT and remain in that phase until this game is stable.

10. WindSower

WindSower New Member

Looks like closed beta :)

Argos likes this.
  11. exShadow

exShadow Active Member

CBT version didn't crushed like this. It seems even more stable than this, except tons of bugs. I guess customizations with Item Mall, and some other stuffs which doesn't included in CBT caused such problem. Anyhow, if its due to loads, they should already prepare load balancers with multiple servers, but it seems there's only single server which db and app engines both set up together. That would be fragile, risky and easier to hack. Makes me wonder who designed such architecture if they gonna do biz, since they already know there are heavy loads. Anyway, I'm waiting to pay them my money! hahaha..

12. Blitzcronk

Earlier someone mentioned a player was able to crash her client, is it possible players have found a way to crash the server?

13. Back12345

Back12345 Member

You all sound like some babys, so what they are incompetent, so what if they change things at the last moment, so what if this is hardly the Kr version we was told it would be, its still 9 dragons, you all need to be glad that Paul is even allowing you to give him moneys.

Now seriously bite the pillow and praise the mighty lawd that you get to play.

Spite likes this.
  14. Spite

Spite Well-Known Member

yup, if I had to guess I would say Jamie is having fun :p

15. exShadow

exShadow Active Member

We managed to crush other player's client in Acclaim version. We did each others for fun. I wouldn't be surprised if that glitch still exists and someone is using it. And yes, there are tons of way to crash the server without trying with DDoS. Just sniff the packets and.... I don't know exactly though. :p

16. Blitzcronk

I think it's more than likely someone is intentionally doing this. This could take weeks before the find the solution. They're going to have to monitor the server in much greater detail now.

17. Back12345

Back12345 Member

Kevin Mitnick a tell ya, that child is the devil.

18. exShadow

exShadow Active Member

That can prevent in the code, if its the one by packet sniffing. Slightly similar to SQL injection. But to do so, they gotta analyze each modules and do proper unit testing before rollout. If that's done, can still prevent by blocking unecessary ports on server with firewall for unknown requests. Aftar all has well prepared and launched, not only monitoring, but also be ready for DR plan if something happens, which obviously they don't have. However, we are just customers who willing to pay our money to them. But, well.. with such kinds of compentency, seriously need to consider to spend another 10 years of times and money. I feel like disappoint and funny when I see they struggling even at starts. May be.. time to play free for fun or with minimum spending this time. :D

19. Back12345

Back12345 Member

Young man you need to wash out that mouth of yours with soap and water, how dare you say a bad word about RF or JW.
    Just remember child, this game is free and you should praise the law'd himself that you are even able to touch a keyboard.

20. exShadow

exShadow Active Member

Kiddo, I didn't play for free for 10 years. And I will pay for what I play. So, why don't you go to your corner and ask $$$ from your mommy or daddy instead of barking other potential customers?